A discussion about the present and, especially, the future of Inuit youth, surrounding the film Chez les géants (Living with Giants) by Sébastien Rist and Aude Leroux-Lévesque.
The discussion will be moderated by Sophie Malavoy, director of the Coeur des sciences.
- Beatrice Deer, Inuk singer-songwriter, and representative from the Avataq Cultural Institute, the Inuit cultural organization of Nunavik (Northern Québec, Canada);
- Deseray Cumberbatch, champion in a number of disciplines at the Arctic Winter Games;
- Anne Pélouas, journalist and Canadian correspondent for Le Monde and author of Les Inuits : résistants!;
- Aude Leroux-Lévesque, co-director of Chez les géants (Living with Giants);
- Sébastien Rist, co-director of Chez les géants (Living with Giants).
This discussion will follow the screening of Living with Giants (November 14).
This activity is restricted to ticket holders.
Discussion in French and English with French translation
Presented in same section
Since the Quiet Revolution, countless anglo-Quebecers have left the province, often reluctantly. The malaise of those who have stayed is often...
Once again this year, the Soirées d’Écoute Publique collective (ecoutemtl.ca) invites you to discover the pinnacle of audio and radio creativity....