Montreal, Wednesday, March 1, 2017 – The submissions for the 20th edition of the Montreal International Documentary Festival (RIDM) are now open. The deadline is May 31. The festival will take place from November 9 to 19, 2017.
The Montreal International Documentary Festival (RIDM) presents the best reality-based films, including the works of established directors and new talents alike. Every November, RIDM screens approximately 140 domestic and foreign productions and hosts a dozen complementary activities such as workshops, master classes, debates and roundtables. The festival also highlights interactive projects, from webdocumentaries to virtual reality, with its UXdoc section, presented in a space dedicated to immersive experiences. The festival typically welcomes about 100 guests from outside Quebec, and hands out 11 awards selected by juries comprised of industry professionals.
The eligibility requirements are:
• The RIDM’s programming is focused on auteur documentaries. All formats and/or topics are welcome.
• RIDM accepts submissions of the following: short, medium-length and feature films, as well as interactive works (webdocumentaries and virtual reality projects).
• Works must have been produced after June 1, 2016.
• Works must be subtitled in either French or English (if the original language is neither French nor English).
• Works already refused by RIDM may not be resubmitted.
• Selected films and interactive works must grant RIDM the Quebec premiere, meaning they cannot have been broadcast, webcast or screened in Quebec before being shown at RIDM.
A submission fee is charged:
• Canadian submissions:
- Early bird (March 1 to March 15, 2017 at midnight UTC-5): CAD $25
- Regular (March 16 to May 31, 2017 at midnight UTC-5): CAD $30
• International submissions:
- Early bird (March 1 to March 15, 2017 at midnight UTC-5): CAD $35
- Regular (March 16 to May 31, 2017 at midnight UTC-5): CAD $40
Quebec’s only film festival dedicated to documentaries, the Montreal International Documentary Festivalpresents the best reality‐based films, including the works of established directors and new talents.
The 20th annual RIDM will take place from November 9 to 19, 2017.
Information: www.ridm.ca / email@example.com
Contact: Caroline Rompré | publicist | 514-778-9294 | firstname.lastname@example.org