For the first time, SODEC, in partnerships with Doc Circuit Montreal presents the SODEC_LAB_documentary coproduction.
A call for submission intended for documentary producers who take their first steps in co-production and would like to participate in the Sunny Side of the Doc international market.
A SODEC invitiative in partnership with Doc Circuit Montréal
• Prepare emerging producers for documentary co-production in the international coproduction market.
• Provide in-depth practical knowledge of the international co-production landscape ahead of the Sunny Side of the Doc market.
• Establish relationships between Quebec-based emerging producers, and Quebec-based as well as international producers, buyers, distributors and programmers present at the Sunny Side of the Doc Market.
• Encourage cultural exchanges, best practices and formal as well as informal long-term collaborations.
Professional activities offered to selected candidates
• Training workshop and individual mentorship prior to attending the Sunny Side of the Doc Market;
• Individual mentorship and support during Sunny Side of the Doc Market;
• Access to all four days of the Market and its networking activities;
• Practical workshops and presentations by decision-makers present on site;
• Specially curated individual and collective meetings with key players of the French and international audiovisual industry.
Details of the offer
• International transport + lodging fees
• Market accreditation.
Who can participate?
All Quebec resident documentary film producers having produced at least one feature length documentary film:
Who have not officially coproduced internationally OR having one international coproduction experience;
Have at least one project with European coproduction and international broadcast potential and/or want to collaborate on international coproduction projects in development
Are available for a training workshop on May 31st in Montreal
Are available to attend the Sunny Side of the Doc Market à La Rochelle, en France, for its entire duration from June 25th to 28th (Arriving June 24th and departing June 29th).
How to submit an application?
Provide a complete application (english or french) including :
A detailed resume;
Application form (link here) latest on May 25th 2018 at noon
A short project proposal including synopsis, director note, budget summary and coproduction potential (maximum five pages).
Please send all documents latest May 25th at Noon to email@example.com .