Forum RIDM, in collaboration with TaCIC, franC doc, Bande Sonimage, Spira and Paraloeil, is offering a renewed formula for the project development grant for emerging filmmakers living in the regions of Quebec.
The TaCIC - Tremplin Territoires grant will support the development of a documentary project, and guide the filmmaker through the first stages of creation in order to bring it to fruition.
• Emerging Quebec filmmakers (Canadian citizenship or permanent residency) ;
• Residency in a Quebec region, outside the Montreal metropolitan area (at a minimum of 80km distance), for at least twelve months.
The winner of the TaCIC - Tremplin Territoires Grant will benefit from the following advantages* :
• Forum RIDM 2023 accreditation, giving access to all professional market activities (excluding One-on-One Pitches), offered by franC doc ;
• Financial assistance of $1,000 to support the production and development of the documentary project, offered by franC doc ;
• Production and development advice to perfect the production of the documentary project, offered by franC doc ($1,000 value) ;
• Advice on creative filmmaking vision, offered by Bande Sonimage ($1,000 value)
• Advice on the best distribution strategies, offered by either Spira, Bande Sonimage or Paraloeil, at the winner's discretion ($1,000 value) ;
• Rental of filming equipment, access to post-production room and/or DCP encoding for a total value of $10,000, available from any of the following partners : Paraloeil, Spira or Bande Sonimage ;
• Support and contact with all partners, to benefit from a network of support and resources to guide the documentary process, offered by TaCIC.
*This grant is intended exclusively to support the development of the project submitted at the time of application and is valid for 36 months from the award date (November 22, 2023).
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in a single PDF file:
• your letter of intent ;
• your curriculum vitae, including your filmography ;
• a short description of your project (3 pages max.).
Please use the subject line "[Your name] TaCIC Tremplin Territoires Grant application".
The deadline for applications is October 31, 2023.