The 2023 Call for Audio Documentaries for the RIDM's 26th is open!
Submission Deadline: July 31, 2023 at midnight (UTC-5)
As part of its 25th anniversary, the Montreal International Documentary Festival (RIDM) has established the Unframing Documentary section, aiming to provide a platform for various documentary practices. In collaboration with Jenny Cartwright, listening sessions for audio documentaries were organized. Following the success of these sessions, the RIDM is proud to expand the presence of this documentary form in its programming by launching its first call for audio documentaries, because sometimes cinema goes beyond images.
REQUIRED FORMATS & ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- The programming is focused on auteur documentaries. We accept creative sound documentaries as well as works of field recording (soundscape). News report, radio shows and podcasts are not eligible;
- Works must have a duration of 5 to 75 minutes;
- Works must be unique (not part of a series);
- Works must have been produced after December 1, 2021;
- Works must be subtitled in French (if the original language is not French);
- To ensure exclusivity at the RIDM, selected documentaries will not be available online or elsewhere in Quebec from October 1st to November 27, 2023.
- The venues will be able to play the files in 5.1 surround sound;
- A password-protected file of the submitted work must be included in the registration form;
- We prefer WAV files;
- Work-in-progress are accepted as long as a copy of the completed work is received no later than August 15, 2023. If applicable, please indicate the work that still needs to be done.
- Canadian Documentary (June 29 to July 31, 2023 at midnight UTC-5) : CAD 15 (Fees include applicable taxes.)
- International Documentary (June 29 to July 31, 2023 at midnight UTC-5) : CAD 30 (Fees include applicable taxes.)
In a continued effort towards reconciliation, we invite Indigenous creators, producers or rights owners to reach out to email@example.com to submit their works free of charge.
For any inquiries regarding the call for audio documentary, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1 514-499-3676.