SODEC in partnership with RIDM Forum is looking for producers looking for an introduction to the international co-production market by participating in the 2019 International Documentary Market at Sunny Side of the Doc, in La Rochelle. This year, a particular focus of Sunny Side of the Doc will be on science and its storytelling.
Professional activities offered to selected candidates
- Training workshop and individual mentorship prior to attending the Sunny Side of the Doc Market;
- Individual mentorship and support during Sunny Side of the Doc Market;
- Access to all four days of the Market and its networking activities;
- Practical workshops and presentations by decision-makers present on site;
- Specially curated individual and collective meetings with key players of the French and international audiovisual industry and European producers.
Details of the offer
- International transport / lodging fees;
- Market accreditation.
Who can submit an application?
All Quebec resident documentary film producers having produced at least one feature length documentary film:
Who have not officially co-produced internationally OR having a maximum of one (1) international co-production experience;
Have at least one project presenting potential for European co-production and international broadcast and who want to collaborate on international co-production projects in development;
Are available for a preparatory workshop on May 6th in Montreal;
Are available to attend the Sunny Side of the Doc Market à La Rochelle, en France, for its entire duration from June 24th to 27th, 2019 (Arriving June 23rd and departing June 28th).
A complete application (English or French) including:
A detailed resume of the producer;
Online application form completed no later than April 21st, 11:59 PM;
A short project proposal including synopsis, director notes, budget summary and co-production potential (maximum 5 pages).
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION BY APRIL 21ST, 11:59 PM AT THE LATEST, USING THE FOLLOWING LINK.