SODEC and the Forum RIDM continue their collaboration with the program SODEC_LAB @ CPH:DOX 2020
Forum RIDM is proud to renew its partnership with SODEC for the 2020 SODEC_LAB @ CPH:DOX. This SODEC_LAB will allow Quebec producers to participate in the CPH:FORUM documentary market and the CPH:DOX festival in Copenhagen.
- Prepare producers of auteur documentary films or creative projects (all formats welcome) for the European and international markets, more specifically the CPH:FORUM Scandinavian and Danish markets;
CPH:FORUM is a professional forum dedicated to creative and cinematic projects, either feature, series or new media projects, with international potential. For more information on CPH:FORUM: https://cphdox.dk/en/industry/market-funding/cphforum/
- Offer networking opportunities for producers with significant local, national and/or international experience, but little to no experience at the professional CPH:FORUM;
- Establish relationships between Quebec-based producers and international producers, buyers, distributors and programmers attending CPH:FORUM;
- Encourage cultural exchanges, best practices and formal as well as informal long-term collaborations.
Professional activities offered to selected candidates
- Training workshops and individual mentorship prior to attending CPH:FORUM;
- Individual mentorship and support during the event;
- Access to all three days of the Forum (March 26-28, 2020) and its networking activities and conferences;
- Practical workshops and presentations by decision makers present on-site;
- Specially curated individual and collective meetings with key players of the international audiovisual, auteur and creative documentary industry.
Details of the offer
- International transport / lodging fees;
- CPH:FORUM accreditation giving access to all festival screenings and industry events.
Who can submit an application?
- All Quebec resident documentary film producers having produced at least one feature length documentary film, series, interactive or digital project;
- With or without international co-production experience;
- Have at least one documentary project (feature, series, new media or installation) with a potential for international funding or broadcasting;
- Are available for preparatory workshops on December 12, 2019 and February 24, 2020 in Montreal;
- Are available to attend the CPH:FORUM event in Copenhagen, Denmark, between March 26 and 28, 2020 (arriving March 25 and departing March 29, 2020).
- A complete application (English or French) including:
- A detailed resume of the producer;
- Online application completed in due form no later than October 8, 11:59 PM;
- A short project proposal including synopsis, director notes, budget summary and co-production potential (maximum 5 pages).
Please submit your application by October 8, 11:59 pm at the latest through this online form.