SODEC_LAB @ CPH:DOX 2021 !
Call for submissions for creative documentary producers
A SODEC initiative, in partnership with Forum RIDM.
Important dates and information:
Call for submissions: September 30, 2020
Deadline for application: October 16, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Mandatory preparatory workshops: early November 2020 and three occasions in winter 2021, in Montreal (physically or virtually, depending on the health situation).
Deadline for submission CPH:FORUM 2021: November 15, 2020
CPH:DOX 2021: March 17-28, 2021
-> ONLINE FORM.
• To prepare producers with creative documentary projects (all formats) for the European and international markets; more specifically for the Scandinavian and Danish markets of the CPH:FORUM, a professional forum dedicated to creative documentary and film projects with international potential, whether feature films, series or new media projects.
• Provide a networking opportunity for candidates with significant local, national and/or international experience, but little or no experience at the CPH:FORUM professional forum;
• Establish relationships between Quebec producers and international producers, buyers, distributors and programmers accredited at the CPH:FORUM;
• Foster cultural exchanges, best practices and long-term formal and informal collaborations;
Professional activities offered to selected candidates:
• Preparatory workshops and one-on-one mentoring prior to the online event CPH:FORUM 2021;
• Individualized mentoring and specific program during the online event CPH:FORUM;
• Access to all Forum programming (March 17-28, 2021) and networking and conference activities;
• Workshops and networking with relevant industry representatives;
• Individual and collective meetings in privileged contexts with key players in the auteur and creative film and documentary media.
• Accreditation CPH:FORUM giving access to the entire festival and the professional component.
Who can apply?
• Documentary producers residing in Quebec who have produced at least one feature-length documentary project, a TV documentary series or an interactive or digital project. With or without international co-production experience;
• Having at least one (1) project (single documentary, series, new media or facilities) that has potential for international financing and distribution;
• Being available for the preparatory workshop in November 2020 and three times in winter 2021, in Montreal (in person or online, depending on the health situation);
• Available for the duration of the CPH:FORUM online from March 17-28, 2021.
Documents to be provided :
Complete file (in French or English) including :
• The completed online registration form (link to the form here) must be completed no later than October 16, 2020 at 11:59 pm;
• The candidate's CV;
• A project file: synopsis, intentions, co-production potential, summary budget, and link to an audiovisual excerpt (5 pages maximum).
Please send the documents no later than October 16, 2020 at 11:59 pm via our online form.