The Forum RIDM launches the call for projects for the twelfth edition of the First Pitch
The call for projects is open from August 11 to September 4, 2022 (deadline is at 11:59 PM Montreal time zone).
In the aim of reaffirming its support to the new generation of Quebec documentary filmmakers, the Forum RIDM will allow 10 Quebec-based emerging filmmakers (less than 3 years of experience) to meet 10 well-established producers from the Quebec documentary film industry, and will offer training and networking activities during the First Pitch.
The activity is divided into two parts:
1. A preparatory workshop to deepen filmmakers’ skills in the art of pitching, thanks to the training given by renowned producer Mila Aung-Thwin of EyeSteelFilm.
2. A one-on-one pitching session where participants can present their projects to 10 Quebec producers, during short individual meetings
This call for projects is addressed to:
- Permanent residents or Canadian citizens based in Quebec
- Filmmakers with less than 3 years of experience
- Filmmakers with documentary projects in stage of development (accepted formats: standalone, series, multimedia)
FIRST PITCH GOALS
- To train filmmakers into pitching
- To engage in the creation of new collaborations
- To give filmmakers the opportunity to benefit from critical feedback of their projects and a pitch training session
- To foster the exchange, cooperation and access to knowledge
- To connect members of the Quebec documentary community, and to foster their integration into the professional arena.
IMPORTANT DATES 2022
Preparatory workshop: September 23, 2022
First Pitch: September 30, 2022
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
To participate in the call for projects, fill out this form and include the following
- Your résumé
- Motivation letter (1 page max)
- Project description (4 pages max, including visual style / sound design / filmmaker’s intent / film description)
- Link to an excerpt of your project, portfolio or Internet website that will allow members of the Jury to evaluate applications
A registration fee of $30 + taxes will apply to all selected candidates.
Confirmed producers for the 2022 First Pitch edition are:
NFB | Nathalie Cloutier
Intuitive Pictures | Amy Miller
Metafilms | Audrey-Ann Dupuis-Pierre
EyeSteelFilm | Bob Moore
GreenGround | Aonan Yang
Colonelle Films | Léonie Hurtubise
Bunbury Films | Frederic Bohbot
MC2 | Jean-Simon Chartier
micro_scope | Élaine Hébert
Productions Leitmotiv | Patricia Bergeron
- Applicants should not have a producer currently on board, nor be seeking experienced producer
- One person accepted per project for the two sessions
- Submissions may be in English or French
- The project must be in development, not completed: candidates will meet producers, not distributors
- Descriptions should be no longer than 4 pages, even for series including a short synopsis
- Applicants are allowed to submit only one project
Please mention how did you hear about this call for projects
We encourage all Quebec-based emerging filmmakers to send their applications by September 4, 2022.
The First Pitch is presented in collaboration with PRIM - Centre d'artistes and the activities will take place in their offices at 2180 Fullum in Montreal.
No critical feedback will be given to non-selected candidates.