The First Pitch is a professional development and networking activity organized each year by the Forum RIDM, which allows a group of 10 emerging Quebec filmmakers to meet and network with established producers from Quebec’s documentary industry. The event is divided into two parts :
DAY 1 : Preparatory Workshop on the art of pitching
Deepen your skills thanks to training given by producer Mila Aung-Thwin of EyeSteelFilm.
DAY 2 : Pitching Session
Participants pitch their project to 10 Quebec producers in short one-on-one meetings
2021 FIRST PITCH CALL FOR PROJECTS
*** NOW CLOSED ***
The Call for Projects is open from August 12 to 30, 2021 (deadline 11:59am Montreal time zone)
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- You have 0 to 3 years of experience as a director
- You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and based in Quebec
- Your documentary (any type – standalone, series, multimedia) is in development.
- Train directors on how to pitch
- Encourage the creation of new collaborations
- Benefit from critical feedback on a project and pitch training
- Promote exchange, cooperation and access to knowledge.
- Establish links between members of the documentary community and encourage integration into the professional world
2021 SAVE THE DATES
Call for Projects : August 12 to 30, 2021
Preparatory Workshop (First Pitch DAY 1) : September 23, 2021
Pitching Session (First Pitch DAY 2) : September 30, 2021*
* Dates are subject to change depending on the public health situation in September 2021.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
Fill out the submission form and include the following items:
- Your resume
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- Description of your project (max. 4 pages, visual style / sound design / director's intent / description of the film)
- Link to excerpts of your project or an older project
Please note that the selected candidates will have to pay a fee of $35.00 + taxes for the registration to the activity
CONFIRMED PRODUCERS FOR 2021
Bunbury Films | Frederic Bohbot
MC2 | Jean-Simon Chartier
Picbois Productions | Karine Dubois & Marie-Pierre Corriveau - absent for 2021
Catbird Productions | Katarina Soukup - absent for 2021
Intuitive Pictures | Amy Miller
Argus Films | Carmen Garcia
Colonelle Films | Léonie Hurtubise
Bravo Charlie Films | Aurélien Kik
Eye Steel Film | Bob Moore
Peripheria | Leslie Dabit
Couture Production | Isabelle Couture
- No producer currently on board, or seeking experienced producer
- One person per project on-site for the two sessions
- Submissions may be in English or French
- The project must be in development, not completed: candidates will meet producers, not distributors
- Your description should be no more than 4 pages, even for series, including a short synopsis
- You are allowed to submit only one project.
- No critical feedback will be given to non-selected candidates.