The Rough Cut Pitch (formerly known as Rough Cut Lab) is introducing a new format for the 19th edition of Forum RIDM presented by Netflix, providing a unique opportunity for creative documentary projects in the editing stage to be introduced to international industry representatives.
Projects from four teams, composed by filmmaker and producer, will be selected for the Rough Cut Pitch and will present a 15 minute clip of their film. They will also have the opportunity to pitch their projects in front of an audience of industry professionals and Forum RIDM accredited. This activity will be followed by a Q&A session with invited panellists, such as festival programmers, distribution and diffusion companies, as well as experienced editors.
This call for projects is open to Canadian documentary producers and filmmakers with a feature-length film in an editing stage who wish to present their film proposal to internationally renowned experts.
• Call for projects : August 3rd to September 12th, 2023
• Participant’s selection : September 2023
Rough Cut Pitch will take place in person on Tuesday, November 22, 2023
- Benefit from critical feedbacks on the project
- Generate interest in the project among local and international buyers
- Define the film’s identity and position in a international distribution context
- Showcasing Canadian documentary talent
- Develop specific film’s marketing and distribution strategies
- Build relationships between Canadian producers, buyers, distributors and programmers attending the Forum RIDM
- Documentary filmmakers must be Canadian based in Québec (permanent residence or citizenship required)
- Project must be a documentary of creation of at least 60 minutes in editing stage with potential for international distribution.
- Production company with majority status must be based in Québec
- Participants must be available to attend Forum RIDM from November 17 to 22, 2023
- Being able to present a 15-minute clip with English subtitles
- In the case of a film shot in a language other than English, the selected team will have one month to produce a temporary version with English subtitles.
By completing the application form no later than September 12th (deadline : 12:00 AM EDT), including documents in PDF format:
• Updated CV of team members (filmmaker and producer)
• Motivation letter
• 15 minutes continuous excerpt of the project
• Dossier of project
Please refer to the form and fill in all the required fields.
- The project must be presented by the team (producer and the filmmaker)
- Selected participants will receive a Forum accreditation, which gives access to all professional activities within the Forum RIDM (One-on-one not included)