Professional activities for successful applicants
- Preparatory workshop and personalized mentorship before departure for Hot Docs Industry & Forum;
- Personalized, on-site mentorship and guidance throughout Hot Docs Industry & Forum;
- All Access accreditation to all Hot Docs programming and networking activities;
- Practical workshops and introductions to distributors present at the event;
- Individual and group meetings in prime settings with key North American and European industry players.
- Domestic transportation and lodging package;
- All Access Hot Docs Industry accreditation.
Who can participate?
All documentary producers residing in Quebec who have a producer credit on at least two feature documentary projects with a Quebec-based documentary production company, and who also:
- Previously participated in Hot Docs Industry & Forum no more than twice;
- Have never pitched at the Hot Docs Forum;
- Have produced at least one project funded by a Canadian exhibitor and/or fund;
- Have produced at least one project with a budget of at least $200,000;
- Have at least one project in development or production, or one project in postproduction with a production company supporting the project and potential for North American distribution;
- Are available for the training session in Montreal on April 3, 2019;
- Are available for Hot Docs Industry & Forum in Toronto (April 25 to May 5, 2019), with arrival on April 27, 2019 and departure on May 1, 2019.
How to apply
Submit a complete application (in English or French), including:
- Your CV;
- Online registration form completed no later than March 22, 2019 at noon;
- A short project kit: synopsis, intentions, summary budget (total five pages maximum).
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION: MARCH 22, NOON.