The complete program for the 24th edition of the RIDM is finally unveiled! With a selection of 120 films from 44 countries, including 54 films from Quebec and Canada, more than half of which are by women filmmakers, the RIDM is once again offering the best of real cinema by bringing together the great names and new talents to be discovered.
To mark the eventful nature of the festival, each documentary in the program will be premiered in theatres from November 10 to 21. Filmgoers who can't experience the festival in theatres will also be able to enjoy it via its online edition from November 14 to 25, which will include almost all the films in the program and will be accessible throughout Canada.
The RIDM is delighted to be back with its audience and to make the event a true meeting place to celebrate auteur documentary cinema. This edition has been orchestrated by an enthusiastic team, headed by Marc Gauthier, the new director of RIDM, supported by a brand new programming collective composed of Ana Alice de Morais, Marlene Edoyan, Nadine Gomez and Hubert Sabino-Brunette.
All films in the program will be shown in theaters during the festival from November 10 to 21.
Festival-goers who cannot attend the screenings will be able to catch up on the films on our online platform available from November 14 to 25.
TO GUIDE FESTIVALGOERS: 8 THEMATIC SECTIONS
This year's program is organized into 8 thematic sections to guide festival-goers, both in theatres and online.
- THE HUMAN SPACE: 11 films that explore the relationship humans have with their environment through connectivity and resilience;
- IN SEARCH OF ONESELF: 10 introspective films about the human condition and understanding the world;
- FAMILY TOPOGRAPHIES: 10 films that reveal the complexity of the ties that bind us to those who welcome us into the world, and who accompany us through life, for better or for worse;
- STRENGTH OF THE LIVING: 10 films that highlight the vitality of the great cycle of nature and the deep relationships that unite us to it;
- DIALOGUE BETWEEN THE ARTS: 11 films that draw inspiration from the interaction between film and other artistic media;
- HAUNTED TERRITORIES: 11 films that transport us to ghostly universes, with a heavy past, where reality and fiction sometimes merge;
- GESTURES OF RESISTANCE: 10 films showing the small and large gestures of those who fight against the status quo;
- ECHOES OF THE PAST: 11 films that ask us to reflect on the past in order to understand the present and idealize the future.
PRICES AND SALES OF PASSES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
To ensure that access to the program is simple and affordable, our online box office offers several options for purchasing your festival pass:
- A ticket for a screening in theatre is $13. A discount of $2 per ticket applies for any purchase of five or more tickets. There will also be a physical box office at the Cinémathèque québécoise during the festival.
- For those who prefer to watch from the comfort of home, and for documentary fans across Canada, the RIDM will offer online access to the vast majority of its program from November 14 onward, via the RIDM online platform. At $85, the RIDM passport gives you access to the online program, which will be released in three program blocks between November 14 and 25.
- Alternatively, a subscription for one online block can be purchased for $30. This option allows you to view all the films from one of the three program blocks via the online platform. All the details are available on the festival website.