DOCS IN PROGRESS 2021_CANADIAN SHOWCASE as part of CANNES DOCS at the Marché du film de Cannes
For the third consecutive year, Telefilm Canada, in partnership with the Forum RIDM and in collaboration with The Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival (Toronto), is pleased to announce the Docs-in-Progress - Canadian Showcase.
As part of the Marché du film de Cannes, the documentary section Cannes Doc will organize Docs in progress to present Canadian feature-length documentary projects at an advanced stage of editing to international decision-makers. This call for applications is open to documentary producers looking for an international premiere, a sales agent and, more generally, significant international exposure.
Launch of the call for projects: April 19, 2021
Deadline for applications: May 6, 2021
Preparatory workshop dates: May - June 2021
Docs in Progress dates: July 6-15, 2021
\\ FORM //
- Prepare Canadian documentary producers to break into the European and international market;
- Promote Canadian documentary talent internationally;
- Learn about the Cannes Film Market;
- Develop international distribution and marketing strategies;
- Establish relationships between Canadian producers and international buyers, distributors and programmers at the Cannes Film Market.
offered to the candidates selected for the Docs in Progress at the Cannes Film Market
- Be one of the 4 projects representing Canada at the Cannes Docs-In-Progress (Online pitch session in front of an audience of buyers, distributors, festival programmers and international sales agents in the Cannes Doc section)
- A preparatory group session including pitch preparation and tips on how to best navigate the Cannes Film Market /Docs In Progress;
- A personalized one-on-one session and coaching on the creation of your pre-recorded pitch and the selection of the clip presented.
- A personalized one hour long, in-depth follow-up consultancy given to each film team by a seasoned industry expert from the EURODOC network.
- Accreditation to the Cannes Film Market for two team members (producer + director).
REQUIRED PROFILE IN CANADA
Who can participate?
- All Canadian (permanent resident or citizen) documentary producers of the project.
- Having a feature-length documentary project (70 minutes or more) in an advanced editing stage;
- Having a 10-minute clip to present (definitely no teaser or trailer);
- Able to make a five-minute presentation in English;
- Available for training online in May - June, 2021;
- Available for the Marché du film de Cannes and the Docs In Progress July 6-15, 2021
How to submit an application ?
Send us your complete application file in PDF format including :
- Updated resumes of the producer AND the filmmaker;
- Fill out the application form before May 6, 2021 -> here
- A short project proposal including synopsis, director notes, a summary of the budget and financial structure of the project, and a paragraph on what you would like to find at Marché du film de Cannes (funding, partners, distribution, festivals etc) (maximum 4 pages).
- Having a 10-minute clip to present
Please send the documents no later than May 6, 2021 via the online form.
An initiative of Telefilm in partnership with the Forum RIDM and in collaboration with The Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival
Please note that no critical feedback will be given to refused applications.