Forum RIDM is pleased to announce its ninth edition of its First Pitch event. The event brings together 10 Quebec-based emerging filmmakers (less than 3 years of experience) with 10 well-established producers from the documentary film industry in Quebec.
The First Pitch event’s primary objective is to prepare Quebec-based emerging filmmakers (less than 3 years of experience) to pitch their projects to 10 well-established producers. Filmmakers also benefit from a consultation ahead of the event with EyeSteelFilm’s Mila Aung-Thwin to prepare them to build relationships with working professional producers from Quebec’s documentary film industry.
Who can participate?
- You have 0 to 3 years of experience as a director
- You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and based in Quebec
- You would like to receive pitch training
- Your documentary (any type – standalone, series, multimedia) is in development
When can you participate?
- The call for proposals is open from August 7th to September 9th, 2019
- One day of pitch training offered by EyeSteelFilm on September 25th, 2019
- One day of pitches and one-on-one type meetings on October 2nd, 2019
How can you participate?
Send your application to Mathieu Bédard, project manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Your résumé
- Letter of intent (max. 1 page)
- Description of your project (max. 5 pages, visual style / sound design / director's intent / description of the film)
- Link to excerpts of your project or an older project
- Please mention how did you hear about this call for projects
A registration fee of $40 + tax will apply to every selected candidate.
Why should you participate?
- To get pitch training and critical feedback on your project
- To learn about the documentary industry
- To meet others and learn best practices
- To connect with members of the documentary community and get introduced to the professional milieu
- No producer currently on board, or seeking experienced producer
- One person per project on-site for the two sessions
- Submissions may be in English or French
- The project must be in development, not completed: candidates will meet producers, not distributors
- Your description should be no more than 5 pages, even for series, including a short synopsis
- You are allowed to submit only one project.
We encourage all Quebec-based emerging filmmakers to send their applications by September 9, 2019, to email@example.com.
First Pitch is presented in collaboration with the Association des réalisateurs et réalisatrices du Québec (ARRQ).