Montreal, Monday, March 1, 2021 – The submissions for the 24th edition of the Montreal International Documentary Festival (RIDM) are now open. The deadline is June 15. The festival will take place in November, 2021.
Thanks to the success of their online edition presented over three weeks in November 2020, the RIDM confirmed the importance of its mission and the popularity of the festival among the public. The RIDM presents the best reality-based films, including the works of established directors and new talents alike. Every November, RIDM screens nearly 150 domestic and foreign productions and hosts a unique bilingual documentary market in Quebec with its Forum RIDM. The festival organizes many complementary activities such as workshops, master classes, debates and roundtables.
The RIDM also highlights interactive projects, from webdocumentaries to virtual reality, with its UXdoc section, dedicated to immersive experiences. The festival typically welcomes about 100 guests from outside Quebec, and hands out 10 awards selected by juries comprised of industry professionals.
The eligibility requirements are:
• The RIDM’s programming is focused on auteur documentaries. All formats and/or topics are welcome.
• RIDM accepts submissions of the following: short, medium-length and feature films, as well as interactive works (webdocumentaries and virtual reality projects).
• Works must have been produced after December 1, 2019.
• Works must be subtitled in either French or English (if the original language is neither French nor English).
• Works already refused by RIDM can not be resubmitted.
• Selected films and interactive works must grant RIDM the Quebec premiere, meaning they can not have been broadcast, webcast or screened in Quebec before being shown at RIDM.
A submission fee is charged. Films and interactive works submitted before midnight on Monday, March 29, 2021, will benefit from the early bird rate. Visit the RIDM website to find out the different rates : ridm.ca/en/about/2021-call-for-entries
→ Feature films : form.zonefestival.com/?k=ridm_f1ls
→ Short and medium-length films : form.zonefestival.com/?k=ridm_f6ls
→ Feature films : form.zonefestival.com/?k=ridm_f2ls
→ Short and medium-length films : form.zonefestival.com/?k=ridm_f7ls
About the RIDM
Quebec’s only film festival dedicated to documentaries, the Montreal International Documentary Festival presents the best reality‐based films, including the works of established directors and new talents.
The 24th annual RIDM will take place in November, 2021.
Information: ridm.ca / firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30 -
Contact : Caroline Rompré | pixelleX communications | 514-778-9294 | email@example.com