Application deadline: December 12, 2020, before noon
Professional activities for selected applicants:
- Two preparatory workshops and personalized mentorship before departure for Hot Docs Industry & Forum;
- Personalized, on-site mentorship and guidance throughout Hot Docs Industry & Forum;
- All Access accreditation to all Hot Docs programming and networking activities;
- Practical workshops and introductions to distributors present at the event;
- Individual and group meetings in prime settings with key North American and European industry players.
- Additional support to submit a project to Hot Docs Deal Makers (deadline: January 20, 2020) and to Distribution Rendez-vous (deadline: March 14, 2020).
- Domestic transportation and lodging package;
- All Access Hot Docs Industry accreditation.
Who can participate?
All documentary producers residing in Quebec who have a producer credit on at least two feature documentary projects with a Quebec-based documentary production company, and who also:
- Previously participated in Hot Docs Industry & Forum no more than twice;
- Have never pitched at the Hot Docs Forum;
- Have produced at least one project funded by a Canadian exhibitor and/or fund;
- Have produced at least one project with a budget of at least $200,000;
- Have at least one project in development or production, or one project in postproduction with a production company supporting the project and potential for North American distribution;
- Are available for the training sessions in Montreal on January 13, 2020, and April 6, 2020;
- Are available for Hot Docs Industry & Forum in Toronto (April 30 to May 10, 2020), with arrival on May 2, 2020 and departure on May 7 in the evening, or May 8 in the morning.
How to apply?
Submit a complete application (in English or French), including:
- Your CV;
- Your online application form completed no later than December 12, 2019, before noon;
- A short project kit: synopsis, intentions, summary budget (total five pages maximum).
Please send documents via our online form no later than December 12, 2019 before noon.