Submit your projects before September 2nd for the Cuban Hat Pitch!
With several prizes awarded by the industry and the public, this cabaret-style event presented in collaboration with MAKILA Cooperative is one of the most festive and popular activity of Forum RIDM.
From July 8th to September 2nd, Forum RIDM invites all Canadian residing directors and digital media producers to submit proposals for documentary projects: features, medium-length films, single episodes, series, VR projects, interactive works, etc. Projects can be at any stage of development, production or post-production. We encourage bold projects that promote new perspectives on the world. We also encourage projects that use the artistic possibilities offered by new technology, and that can inspire local and international audiences to take a stand on the important issues of our time.
The call for proposals will be followed by a two-stage selection process: first, an expert committee will select five finalists; then the finalists will present their pitches to the public during the 15th edition of Forum RIDM (November 16th to 20th, 2019).
- To access amazing prizes in cash and services.
- To present your project to the Canadian and International documentary industry and maybe find funding and partners.
- To improve your pitch for your project and enjoy a collaborative and festive atmosphere.
- Submissions open from July 8th to September 2nd.
- Pitch trainings on October 5th, October 26th and November 15th.
- Online Voting from November 8th-18th.
- Pitch contest on November 19th.
Montreal, QC, Canada
- Open to all documentary media creators residing in Canada.
- Open to all types of documentaries or hybrid genres. Fiction projects are not eligible.
- Open to all types of projects, production stages, genres, formats and media.
- We strongly encourage creators from underrepresented or marginalized groups, communities, peoples or backgrounds to submit.
- Fill out this form on the Makila platform.
- Submissions are free.
- You must be available for at least two of the three pitch training sessions taking place on October 5th, October 26th and November 15th.
- Neither citizenship nor permanent residence are required.
- You may only submit one project.
- You must submit a video (trailer, sample, video pitch, etc…).