Montreal, Monday, August 12, 2019 – Forum RIDM is pleased to announce the 9th edition of its First Pitch event. The event brings together Quebec’s emerging filmmakers with well-established documentary film producers from the industry to network and build relationships. These two days of intensive training and pitching will take place on September 25 and October 2.
First Pitch is :
- Ten Quebec-based emerging filmmakers
- Ten established documentary film producers
- A pitch training with Mila Aung-Thwin ofEyeSteelFilmon September 25
- A day of pitches and meetings on October 2
The event is presented in collaboration with the ARRQ (Association des réalisateurs et réalisatrices du Québec) and will be held in their office, located at 5154 Saint-Hubert St.
We encourage all Quebec-based emerging filmmakers to send their applications by September 9. All types of projects, genres, formats and platforms are admissible at any stage of production. To find out more about admissibility and the application process, please consult the event’s webpage.
The producers confirmed for the 2019 First Pitch edition are:
EyeSteelFilm | Bob Moore
Argus Films | Carmen Garcia
Colonelle Films | Sarah Mannering
First Pitch encourages the creation of new collaborations to revitalize the documentary film industry. Projects presented in 2017 and 2018 have had resounding success. Corinne Beaumier is now finishing her film Si ce film était en chinois, il signifierait tout autre chose,selected at “Pitching du Réel” at the Visions du Réel Festival, with producer Bob Moore from EyeSteelFilm whom she met during First Pitch. Laura Rietveld’s project titled The Forest & the Family also benefited from the activity as itwas picked up by producer Katarina Soukup of Catbird Productions in the fall of 2018.
In parallel of the First Pitch, Forum RIDM wishes to recall that established as well as emerging producers and directors are invited to submit their documentary film projects by September 2 to the Cuban Hat Pitch. Visit the webpage for more information on the prizes awarded by the industry and the audience.
Confirmed Cuban Hat Pitch prizes are:
- ACIC / NFB : $5000 in postproduction services
- Agence TOPO: A free subscription to its next training and mentoring program in multiplatform production
- Coop MAKILA: 2 days of pitch training workshop for the 5 finalists
- CQAM: One CQAM membership in the "associate" membership category as well as consulting support
- DOK.fest Munich: One 2020 festival pass with an access to DOK.forum’s marketplace
- FCTMN: One membership for every applicable winner
- Forum RIDM: 5 Forum RIDM accreditations (one-on-one not included) for 2019
- L’Inis: A discount applicable to one of their training programs
- Lussier et Khouzam: $1000 in legal consultation services
- PRIM: One prize in production or post-production services
- SLA Location: Prize in rental services
- SPIRA: $10 000 in equipment rental services
- Tortuga Films: 7-day residency at the Bic with consultation services
The Forum RIDM is made possible with the support of our partners which include the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications, Téléfilm Canada, Netflix, Canada Media Fund, Rogers Documentary Fund, Bell Fund, Canal D and DOC Québec.
About Forum RIDM
Each year, Forum RIDM organizes an intensive schedule of business meetings and professional development workshops as RIDM’s professional market. The 15th edition of RIDM Forum will take place from November 16 to 20, 2019.
For more information, please contact:
Caroline Rompré | pixelleX communications | 514-778-9294 | email@example.com